SUSTAINABILITY REPORT 2018
What fuels the Group to always go the extra mile is the desire to ensure an advantage for consumers.
Cefla intends to act as a “Benefit Scout”: thanks to its acquired expertise and willingness to improve, it has set itself the goal of finding out what people need, exploring solutions that deliver tangible benefits and, finally, making sure that the end consumers are at the receiving end of these benefits.
“Creating value in time”. This is the mission of Cefla Group and the spirit that fuels it towards future achievements every day – through product innovation, process evolution and the sharing of strategic approaches within its five Business Units.
|Total property rights|
20% EMPLOYEES WORLD-WIDE
80% EMPLOYEES IN ITALY
+3,75% COMPARED TO 2017
HIRED ON AN OPEN-ENDED BASIS
TRAINING HOURS DELIVERED
In Italy: 12.931
As a cooperative company, Cefla’s legal form clearly influences its HR policy. All Group companies are committed to providing their employees with a safe and healthy work environment, through the adoption of equipment, machinery and systems that comply with the safety requirements of the currently applicable legislation.
Personal care, training and professional growth, wage strategies and internal involvement are all key areas which were thought to be of considerable importance when the HR policy to be adopted by Cefla was defined and updated.
The focus on the environment and the territory is a critically important value for a company like Cefla, which has always been concerned with ensuring the well-being of future generations. For this reason, the entire Group is committed to not only applying the highest standards in the field of environmental protection, but also pursuing continuous improvement of environment-related performance through the use of the best available technologies.
Each member of the Group is aware that environmental protection actions, once they are fully integrated in the corporate culture and core business of the Organisation, can have a positive impact in terms of both sustainability and quality of the service offered.
Some of the actions initiated by the company in the environmental field include:
- the adoption, by the Engineering BU, of an environmental management system compliant with the guidelines of the ISO 14001:2015 standard and an energy management system compliant with the guidelines of the ISO 50001:2011 standard, certified by an independent third-party organism;
- the development of low ecological impact coating processes by the Finishing BU;
- the creation, by the Medical BU, of digital radiology products, which can be used without negative environmental impacts typically associated with X-ray development;
- the development of autoclaves capable of recycling the water used in other operating cycles by the same BU;
- the almost exclusive use of easily reusable and/or recyclable materials – e.g.: steel, aluminium, wood, cardboard, etc. – in products and packaging of the Shopfitting BU.
ELECTRIC POWER CONSUMPTION
AUTO-PRODUCED ENERGY WITH PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEMS
-11.8% WATER CONSUMPTION
EMISSIONS SCOPE 1
EMISSIONS SCOPE 2 (LOCATION BASED)
-4% HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL
-1.4% NON-HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL
The ability of an organisation to create value for itself is linked to the value that it creates for the other players in its target market. This value is determined by referring to a wide range of interactions, activities, relationships, causes and effects, in addition to those directly associated with changes in its financial capital.
In particular, Cefla’s approach to its corporate and relational capital depends on its ability to create and maintain solid relationships with members, customers and the community in general. All this with the aim of improving the well-being and competitive edge of the communities and background in which the Company lives and works.